Re: PAPERSIZE

In article <[🔎] 199509110923.JAA17664@ind206aa.wi.leidenuniv.nl> jdassen@WI.LeidenUniv.NL (J.H.M.Dassen) writes:

> I noticed that ghostview uses letter paper size by default on my
> system.
>
> I remember vaguely a PAPERSIZE environment variable, or a /etc/papersize
> file.
>
> Can anyone tell me how to set my default papersize to A4?
> Does ghostview follow this convention?

There is already a bug report for gs :

#857: gs (2.6.1pl4-4) doesn't use /etc/papersize; -sPAPERSIZE not documented
   Package: gs_both; Reported by: iwj10@cus.cam.ac.uk (Ian Jackson); 123 days old.

: Firstly, the `-sPAPERSIZE=<foo>' option is not mentioned in gs(1), but
: only in /usr/doc/ghostscript, and there doesn't seem to be an
: obviously available list of supported paper sizes.  `A4' doesn't seem
: to work, while `a4' does.

Ghostview uses ghostscript, a fix in gs should IMHO fix your problem too.

	Sven
--
Sven Rudolph (sr1@inf.tu-dresden.de); WWW : http://www.sax.de/~sr1/