Re: debian source format

I've always maintained my own sources as original + diff rather than
modified + diff, and reading this discussion made me think about why.

The appealing thing to me is that it's symmetric: when you get a new
version you have old, new, and diff, and the diff relates to new in
the same way as it does to old.

I think most people would find original + diff less surprising.

Of course the existence of patch -R makes this all a minor point.

(Apologies if this is way out of date, I'm reading this through a
very flaky newsfeed that just delivered a batch of articles from
a week ago.)