Re: Debian for Linux/68k?

linux@goofy.zdv.Uni-Mainz.de said:
> I think it is about time to discuss /usr/share again
and later...
> I know a Linux 'cluster' where /usr is exported via NFS read-only!

Debian is designed to run with a read-only /usr . All writable files are
in the root filesytem (mostly in /etc) and under /var . At various times
we've tested this behavior by running it on read-only-mounted hard disks.
I'll try to fit an installed /usr filesystem on my CD-ROM.

Segregating files by architecture is the next step. It would be nice to
be able to serve multiple ports from the same CD. It would also be nice if
we'd support the Inherited File System so that you could mount a "delta"
filesystem on top of a CD and change files on the compound filesystem.

	Thanks

	Bruce

--
-- Attention Radio Amateurs: For information on "Linux for Hams",
-- read the WWW page http://www.hams.com/LinuxForHams,