Re: Adaptec 2940

> Hi,
> Petri writes:
>  [ snip ]
> >... The machine (a generic Pentium box)
> > has an Adaptec 2940 PCI SCSI controller, and the kernel on the boot
> > floppy doesn't seem to recognize it.
>
> I've recently seen a similar posting in one of the comp.os.linux groups.
> Apparently the problem there was that the card in question had cheaper
> chipset, which made it non-compatible -- and unsupported :-(
> Check recent articles in comp.os.linux.development (or was it misc ?)
> hierarchies.

While there is a problem with OEM AHA2940 controllers, this problem
is different. the bootdisk uses an old kernel that does not support the
AHA2940.
Solution: get a bootdisk capable of using the AHA 2940 and ignore the module
errors you get from the rootdisk. Then proceed as usual.

	Helmut

Helmut Geyer                                Helmut.Geyer@iwr.uni-heidelberg.de