another question

I've different type of question to ponder... With the various improvements and
upgrades to the DEBIAN Linux, the state of the release appears to be
constantly changing. If someone takes a "snapshot" of the release, then that
snapshot becomes obsolete in a few months. Now the question: how much trouble
would it be to 1) freeze the release (say 3 times a year) 2) keep track of the
changes between freezes, and 3) make a announcement at each freeze that
one needs to fetch packages x,y,&z to become current.
|  This message was sent from DEBIAN LINUX. |
|  Thomas Kocourek    --==<<>>==--   KD4CIK |
|  tomk@westgac3.dragon.com                 |