Re: Just installed 0.93R5 HELP!

> From andrew@kryten.it.com.au Tue Aug 29 10:27 EDT 1995
> From: andrew@kryten.it.com.au (Andrew Howell)
> Subject: Re: Just installed 0.93R5 HELP!
> To: hutch@shimoda.ena-east.ericsson.se (Brian Hutchinson),
>         debian-user@pixar.com
> Date: Tue, 29 Aug 1995 22:27:00 +0800 (WST)
>

> > Hi,
> >
> > I just installed 0.93R5.  I got the base disks from
> > ftp.debian.org/debian/disks-0.93R5.  The install went
> > great.
> >
> > Later when I booted from my floppy (I don't have lilo installed) I get a bunch
> > of messages where something is trying to load modules from /lib/modules/1.1.94...
> > I don't have a /lib/modules/1.1.94 dir, I only have a /lib/modules/1.2.1 dir.
> >
> > Anyway none of my modules are loaded correctly now so I can't get back on the net.
> >
> > Hopefully this is enough info for someone to tell me where I went wrong.  I suspect
> > that it is something to do with my boot disk but I not sure what to do at this point.
> >
> > Thanks in advance for help.
>
> Is it a boot disk made from the debian install? Or is it an old boot
> disk. Sounds like an old one to me as I can't see why it would try and
> load 1.1.94 modules unless your using a 1.1.94 kernel. Try making a 1.2.1
> bootdisk by booting up the debian disks again and selecting the make boot
> disk option.
>
> Andrew

> Dehydration - 34%, Recollection of previous evening - 2%, embarrassment
> factor - 91%.  Advise repair schedule:- off line for 36 hours, re-boot
> startup disk, and replace head - wow, what a night!
>                 -- Kryten in Red Dwarf `The Last Day'
>
> Andrew Howell				               andrew@it.com.au
> Perth, Western Australia		      howellaa@cs.curtin.edu.au

Hey Andrew,

I just did a uname -a and I guess I do have a 1.1.94 kernel!

I got the base disks from ftp.debian.org/debian/disks-0.93R5.
I have looked around for the modules1.1.94 file but I don't see
one out there.  I guess I don't know where to go from here.

Yes I did make my boot disk by selecting "make boot disk" for the install
screen.

Brian Hutchinson
hutch@ena-east.ericsson.se