another ps

Hi,

I was wondering if there's a version of 'ps' lying around somewhere that
accepts arguments as the 'ps' in HP-UX/Solaris etc. I think this would be
the SYSV-ps instead of the BSD-ps. Reason for this is that I still
haven't found a way to do 'ps -fu user' under Debian/Linux without using
a 'grep'. I think it's overkill to use a seperate grep for this.

Wouldn't it be an idea to have the choice between a BSD-ps package and a
SYSV-ps package? If some-one can point me to the sources, I think I'm
capable of producing a package for this.

Another Q: reading the man-page for ps, I found out that you have to do a
'psupdate' everytime you recompile a new kernel. I thought it would then
be logical to have this command in some rc-file, but couldn't find it
anywhere under /etc. I have 0.93R5 (the base-packages anyway....). Is
this implemented under R6?

Maarten

|     Maarten Boekhold, Faculty of Electrical Engineering TU Delft,   NL    |
|        boekhold@cindy.et.tudelft.nl	boekhold@gopher.library.tudelft.nl  |
|                        Take life as a party!                              |