Re: HELP modem locks (hardware lock) since new linux upgrade

Oz Dror wrote:
> Now as soon as faxgetty starts. I cannot access the modem.
> if I try dip or minicom I get the same response
>
> Cannot open /dev/modem. Sorry.
>
> Even though no software lock a present
>
> When I type setserial /dev/cua1 (/dev/modem)
> I get
> /dev/cua1: Device or resource busy
>
> 1. What went wrong, the same faxgetty software before the upgrade did not
> used to lock the modem indefinitely.
> 2. How I can remove this hardware lock.
> 3. Does any one knows how can I isolate the source of the problem.

You shouldn't use /dev/cua1. Use /dev/ttyS1 instead. I changed minicom,
dip, mgetty+sendfax and other programs that use the modem to use
/dev/ttyS1 instead of /dev/cua1 and it works like a charm.

Peter

--
 Peter Tobias                                EMail:
 Fachhochschule Ostfriesland                 tobias@et-inf.fho-emden.de