Greetings + a gcc installation problem + dselect problem

I installed the Debian release last night on an old 386/33 that was
laying around in the corner of my office.

I installed quite a few of the packages, including 'includes', 'libc',
'gcc', and 'make'.  When I try to compile a program I get the
following error message:

gcc: installation problem, cannot exec as: No such file or directory

Any clues???

The other problem I had is with dselect.  When I try to run it, I get
a flurry of complaints about my termcap file and it just dies.  My
term type is currently 'dumb'.

Thanks in advance for your advice!

mjc

| Michael J. Carter                              Space Data Systems (NIS-3) |
| mcarter@lanl.gov                           Los Alamos National Laboratory |