Here is another not-ready-for-prime-time release of uucp. It's getting
better, but slowly.
The big changes that most people will see are that the info files are now
created and properly installed, the configuration directory is now /etc/uucp
and the log files are now in /var/log/uucp and are rotated daily.
I still need to figure out the permissions problem with respect to using the
serial ports. Oh yeah, set the permissions on any serial port that you want
uucico to dial out through to -rw-rw-rw- until I get this figured out.
Since I can't get at ftp.debian.org now, I have made the uucp files available
on ftp.access.digex.net in the directory /pub/access/dhs/Debian.
Thu Aug 10 02:49:04 EDT 1995 ; David H. Silber <firstname.lastname@example.org>
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 613538 Aug 10 02:42 uucp-1.05-4.deb
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 78146 Aug 10 02:48 uucp-1.05-4.diff.gz
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 802483 Aug 10 02:48 uucp-1.05-4.tar.gz
* Fixed debian.rules to not generate bogus "\n\n" string in release notes.
* Changed comment on debian.crontab.
* Changed contents of sample-hdb/Permissions to reflect less acurately
my own system.
* Changed owner of /var/log/uucp to uucp.
* Created a stub uucpconfig and fixed debian.rules to put it into
/usr/sbin so that the postinst script will be able to run correctly.
* Removed the commands to create the old configuration directory
(/usr/lib/uucp) from debian.rules.
* Added dependancy on cron.
* Created a debian.conffiles file and made sure that debian.rules will
* Created a script to be installed as /etc/cron.daily/uucp to rotate the
* Created a crontab file to be installed as /etc/uucp/crontab for the
system administrator to configure and use as the uucp user's crontab
* Move the current set of examples into /usr/doc/examples/uucp/taylor.
Make a set of HDB examples under /usr/doc/examples/uucp/hdb.
* Upgrade optimization to -O3 in an attempt to make this thing
* Changed ALLOW_FILENAME_ARGUMENTS (in policy.h) to 0 so as to disable
the use of arguments to rmail & rnews.
* Moved the log files to /var/log/uucp/* (in the policy.h file).
* Made debian.rules create /etc/uucp and /var/log/uucp.
* Switch to using ``/etc/uucp'' as the directory for HDB-style
configuration files. The Taylor-style configuration files
already use this directory. Hopefully, they do not conflict.
* Build this file into the automatically generated release notes.
(I should edit out the old changes by hand.)
* Build ``uucp.info*'' out of ``uucp.texi''.
Install info files in ``/usr/info''.
List uucp in the info directory.
-- David H. Silber <email@example.com> Thu Aug 10 01:12:46 EDT 1995
David H. Silber firstname.lastname@example.org Project: Debian GNU/Linux (uucp)
<http://www.access.digex.net/~dhs/> Wanted: Spare time.