Re: ELF (was gcc-2.7.0 c++ error) (fwd)

> If you want, I have placed binaries for many packages in ELF at:
>
> ftp://ftp.ctd.comsat.com/pub/linux/ELF or
> http://www.ctd.comsat.com/pub/linux/ELF
>
> All should be linked with libc5.0.9, and all are working fine for me.

Thanks for the offer Neal, but I recommend against it.
The .deb packages Debian uses contain additional information that
is used to maintain the package list. Using binaries from a non-Debian
source for which Debian packages are available causes the package
list to go out of sync with the system, which IMHO is a Bad Thing.

However, using the Debian source one can build .deb packages to cater
for Debian users, and use 'dpkg-deb --extract' to create tar files
for non-Debian users, thus serving everybody.

Ian M., can the 'experimental' subtree be used to provide ELF binary
packages?

Regards,
Ray
--
ART  A friend of mine in Tulsa, Okla., when I was about eleven years old.
I'd be interested to hear from him. There are so many pseudos around taking