Re: user private groups and a src group

  > In fact, it might be easier to
  >   find / -type d -print0 | xargs -0 chmod -R g+s
  > and then fix up the exceptions by hand.  The only ones I can
  > think of at the moment are /tmp and /var/tmp, though there may be
  > others, especially belonging to some obscure packages.

Craig Sanders:
  This sounds horrendously insecure. /usr/bin is owned by root.root, for
  example, and you want to have it setgid???? !

Hmm... I always change all stock [non-suid/sgid] binaries to bin.bin.
Then, I can enforce that bin has access mode 0755.

Under this scheme, /usr/bin/ would be owned by bin.bin -- seems like a
wash.

Raul D. Miller
<rockwell@nova.umd.edu>