Re: Loose cannons & UNIX:cannot allocate buffers

Ian A Murdock writes:

>    Date: Thu, 10 Feb 94 08:34 PST
>    From: "Francois Wolmarans" <FWO@rkw.rau.ac.za>
>
>    These messages keep appearing , I even commented out the lpd and
>    serial stuff. Still the same.
>
> It has been reported that this was a bug that was fixed in util-linux
> 1.5.  I could have sworn that I installed the syslogd from there
> already, but another binary might have gotten packaged by mistake.

I have picked up syslogd from utli-linux 1.5, and the problem seems to
have gone away.  Note that you have to get the utili-linux 1.5
*source* package.  The newest syslogd is not in the binary package.

--
Sunando Sen

Dept. of Economics			Email: sens@acf2.nyu.edu
New York University