missing /dev/devices -- specifically /dev/rst0

We had quite a discussion about this during alpha releases, but
I don't think we arrived at any consensus.

Last night, I needed to retrieve something from a tape backup.
This caused me to discover that /dev/rst0 is still missing from
debian 0.91.  Other devices are probably missing as well.  I
tracked down the proper major device number (9), and added the
device.  I'm still concerned that such missing devices will be
a problem to those new to linux who will have a more difficult
time tracking down the information needed to add them.