Installation report on Debian 0.91

These are probably getting old, but I just installed Slackware 1.0.3 (or
whatever the latest is), and then Debian the next day.  I like Debian's
installation a bit better, but I have a couple comments:

1) I am getting

	keyboard: Scancode (7f) not in range 00-5f

   while booting.  Never seen this ever before, but I've never tried using
   0.99.14t before either - but after I rebuild the kernel, we'll see.

2) There is no networking in the kernel as distributed, but the installation
   process asks the user for all the network info, and if they configure
   it for a network, when rebooting you get lots of

	socket: invalid argument

   errors.  I assume that networking was left out for space, but I didn't
   notice a pre-built kernel with networking in the packages (but I haven't
   grabbed them all).  It would be a nice feature - if you want a small
   Debian that can talk to the network, but doesn't have the devel stuff.

3) I get:

	init[1]: unrecognized option "sdb3"

   on startup.  I seem to remember this happening with 0.80 as well.  Do
   we need a new init?  I am not familiar with init and its kin, so I don't
   know.  Slackware doesn't do this.

Anyway, it looks pretty reasonably so far.  I will start installing
packages soon - I just have the base disks right now.  Then, time to
see what's missing and package it up for Debian...

-- erik

! Erik Talvola                | "It's just what we need... a colossal negative
! erikt@psi.prc.com	      | space wedgie of great power coming right at us
! talvola@gnu.ai.mit.edu      | at warp speed." -- Star Drek