Re: ethernet

Merhaba,

* samet kara [2005-11-14 17:51:20+0200]
> linux debian 2.6.8-2-386 işletim sistemini hp compaq nx 8220 notebooka
> yüklemek istiyorum. Ama etherneti tanımıyor.

Google bu kart hakkinda "NetXtreme Gigabit Ethernet PCI Express"
bilgisini veriyor.  Eger oyleyse size gereken tg3 modulu.

> Ne yapmam gerekiyor?

Kartin neden bulunamadigi ve cozumun ne oldugu Debian-installer
SSS'de[1] aciklanmis:

    Question 22: Why isn't my NIC supported by DebianInstaller, I know
    the "tg3" driver supports it!

    Answer: [...]
    I found a workaround for tg3 installs. The tg3 hardware is
    autodetected so the "Detect network hardware" dialog will fail. When
    it does, flip to the second virtual terminal and manually load the
    tg3 driver with "modprobe -a tg3" flip back to the first terminal
    and enter "No" to the FireWire ethernet question and then Go Back
    and restart the "Detect network hardware" dialog and everything
    should proceed ok from there.

[1] http://wiki.debian.org/DebianInstallerFAQ

--
roktas