-----Original Message-----
From: Sergio Bess <serpeanetto@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2010 12:15:22 To: debian-user-spanish<debian-user-spanish@lists.debian.org> Subject: Re: Offtopic: DPL: Margarita Manterola, la primera mujer en las elecciones lider del proyecto Debian (DPL)

Ignacio Pedrini wrote:
Margarita Manterola, la primera mujer en las elecciones lider del
proyecto Debian (DPL)

DistroWatch Weekly, Issue 346, 22 March 2010

Speaking about Debian GNU/Linux, the world's largest Linux
distribution with decidedly well-established democratic structures, a
final call for nominations for the position of the Debian Project
Leader (DPL) was circulated last week. But this year's DPL elections
will be somewhat different. As noted in this ITwire report, this will
be the first Debian Project Leader election with a woman on the list
of candidates: "For the first time in its 16-year history, the Debian
GNU/Linux project has a woman in the running to become leader of the
project when voting for the post takes place between April 2 and April
15. Margarita Manterola, a software developer from Argentina, mostly
Python, teaches programming at a university. She has been involved
with Debian since 2003, became a developer in 2005 and has been part
of the Debian Women project since it kicked off in 2004. Manterola,
who submitted her nomination just before the deadline, will have to
defeat three others if she is to win." For more information about
Margarita Manterola please visit her personal blog and read this
interview by Linux Magazine.

Extraído de:
http://distrowatch.com/weekly.php?issue=20100322

Blog de Margarita Manterola

Fri, 12 Mar 2010

Running for DPL

During DebConf8, in Mar del Plata, Argentina, there was one night
where I had a terrible nightmare: I woke up one day and I was DPL :).
I mentioned this to some people during the conference, and to my
amazement they told me that I could actually be a good DPL.

I've been thinking about this possibility since then, but the
post-DebConf stress was still too high for me to run for it in 2009.
This year, however, I'm ready to stand for it, campaign, and either
win or lose, whatever the Debian community decides.

I'm currently drafting my platform, but in no way do I claim having
all the good ideas. So, if you -no matter if you are a developer, a
contributor or a user- have any good ideas on how to make Debian
better from the DPL role, I'd be glad to hear them.

Extraído de:
http://marga.com.ar/blog/index.cgi/debian/Running_for_DPL.html

Saludos.

--
Ignacio Pedrini.
Free Culture Activisit.

¡Un Orgullo! Espero que la elijan. ¡Mucha Suerte Margarita! (por si lee estos correos) Los argentinos ya tenemos una presidenta y, por qué no, una líder de Proyecto Debian.

Lamento que pienses así de nuestra presidenta. Yo sí estoy orgulloso de ella y de mi país. Es tu opinión y es respetable, espero que también respetes la mía.

Saludos
PD: Por favor si deseas contestar este correo y para no inflar el OT contestame en privado para no interferir con el flujo normal de la lista, gracias.

--
Sergio Bess
Buenos Aires. Argentina