De: [ Martín ] [mailto:fueguino@gmail.com]
Enviado el: martes, 16 de noviembre de 2004 9:36
Para: Debian
Asunto: Re: Problemas con Kernel nuevo

Lo del initrd, es que se debe poner en el lilo.conf en vez de
image=vmlinuz initrd=initrd.img y ya estaria no? aca les copio lo que
me dice

You are attempting to install an initrd kernel image (version
2.4.18-1-686-smp)
This will not work unless you have configured your boot loader to use
initrd. (An initrd image is a kernel image that expects to use an
INITial
Ram Disk to mount a minimal root file system into RAM and use that for
booting).
As a reminder, in order to configure lilo, you need to
add an 'initrd=/initrd.img' to the image=/vmlinuz
stanza of your /etc/lilo.conf
I repeat, You need to configure your boot loader. If you have already
done
so, and you wish to get rid of this message, please put
 `do_initrd = Yes'
in /etc/kernel-img.conf. Note that this is optional, but if you do not,
you'll contitnue to see this message whenever you install a kernel
image using initrd.
Do you want to stop now? [Y/n]

Bueno...al final hize todo de nuevo, es decir apt-get install
kernel-image y cuando me pregunto sobre el lilo (les copio)

A new kernel image has been installed. at /boot/vmlinuz-2.4.18-1-686-smp
 (Size: 658kB)

 Initial rootdisk image: /boot//initrd.img-2.4.18-1-686-smp (Size: )

Symbolic links, unless otherwise specified, can be found in /

LILO sets up your system to boot Linux directly from your hard
disk, without the need for booting from a boot floppy.

WARNING
If you are keeping another operating system or another version
of Linux on a separate disk partition, you should not have LILO
install a boot block now. Wait until you read the LILO documentation.
That is because installing a boot block now might make the other
system un-bootable. If you only want to run this version of Linux,
go ahead and install the boot block here. If it does not work, you
can still boot this system from a boot floppy.

You already have a LILO configuration in /etc/lilo.conf
Install a boot block using the existing /etc/lilo.conf? [Yes]

Le puse YES y quedo asi el LILO:CONF

default=Linux

image=/boot/vmlinuz-2.4.18-686-smp
        label=Linux
        read-only
#       restricted
#       alias=1

image=/vmlinuz.old
        label=LinuxOLD
        read-only
        optional
#       restricted
#       alias=2

Jejeje...ahora no me animo a reiniciar la maquina...pasa que estoy
desde mi trabajo y si se planta hasta la noche no puedo hacer nada,
pero bueno...supongo que esta todo bien ahora no? como lo puedo
verificar?hay alguna otra manera?

Gracias...y perdon Iñaki por enviarte el mail solo a vos.=)

--

                      http://chenu.com.ar/