Fwd: sn85g4 network

> Hi,
>
> I'm please to hear someone with an sn85g4 with embedded ethernet
> working.
> Mine is a v2. Is yours ?

an v1. (wow, shuttle looks like Micro$soft, newer versions have newer glitches)
:)

> My setting for the fan is very quiet or very low speed.

Mine is in the smart mode, but works all time in the slowest fan speed.

> If your say you network is ok, I presume you're using it ! For me, it
> happens after about 1 hour of usage, and most of the time under load.
> But it happens every time. The network starts to slow down or be up then
> down, then up ... and finally completly down.

Right now i have an uptime of  seven and a half hours. Network works
fine. My network is switched (no hubs), with some 10 and some 10/100
hosts. (the switch is 10/100). I use forcedeth driver, not the one
provided by nvidia.

It must be a heat problem (maybe). I noticed that ram modules get very
hot as they are quite near from the power supply, and maybe that's
what happens to your network, it's simply being toasted by the power
suplly :(

In mine what doesn't work is the flash card reader. It worked the
first week, later it went and go, and during the last months it has
not given any live signals. (lspci nor lsusb lists it. And i have had
a problem with ram, but i think it's because it gets hot, i had to
downclock it.

Hope you'll find a solution to the network problem (without having to
buy enything ifpossible!).

Aritz Beraza [Rei]
--
Aritz Beraza Garayalde [Rei]