Re: Manejar ficheros muy grandes

> Tienes razón, de ext3 a ext3 no me pasa (lo acabo de comprobar), pero de
> ext3 a smb o a ftp si. En cambio si lo copio desde un windows exportando
> el home (ext3) donde está, el explorador de windows no tiene problema en
> copiarlo. ¿Parece que el problema está en el mount (con smb) y en el
> cliente de ftp para ftp?
he estado pensando y buscando info sobre tu problema de ficheros mayores de 2
GB y parece ser que tiene que ver con el redireccionamiento de 32 bits del
protocolo NFS2.
sí; en relaidad 32 bits ==4 GB; sin embargo si se usa el 1º bit para el signo
--> +- 2 GB.
te dejo esbozada la solución:
(ahora te toca googlear un poco...si llegas a un callejón sin salida dilo y t
echo una mano.)

""""According to what I have been able to glean from googling, most of the
file systems in 2.4.x and higher kernels on 32 bit x86 systems are
compatible with files > 2 GB, and also glibc and various utilities have
been updated to accommodate them as well. I don't know about your
version of tar, that may be incompatible. However, smbfs is still not
compatible, even though some patches have been developed for it. I
noticed that Marcello Tosatti rejected a patch for smbfs in the 2.4
kernel on the grounds that it breaks compatibility with some programs. I
tested the 2.6 kernel in the SuSE 9.1 live eval CD, and it also does not
support large files with smbfs.

So the solution on the file server is to export the same data as both
smb and nfs shares, and mount the data as nfs on the Linux clients. I am
trying that now with a 2.4 kernel, and it works. I made sure the unix
user exists on both the file server and the linux client with the same
uid number, and the windows clients also connect with the same user
name, so all are in agreement. """"

Un saludo.
David Gascón.