Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2003 14:08:46 -0500
From: Mark Hamzy <hamzy@us.ibm.com>
Subject: Re: [Omniprint-user] Epson LX-810
To: Alejandro Noli <janoli@infovia.com.ar>
Cc: list Lista Usuarios Omniprint <omniprint-user@lists.sourceforge.net>

Hello Alejandro,

> ../DebugOutput.hpp:23: ostream: No such file or directory

That error tells me that the c++ compiler that you use is not set up
correctly.  ostream is a standard C++ header file.

For the simple file:
#include <ostream>

int main (int argc, char *argv[])
{
   return 0;
}

If it is called bob.cpp and you compile it with "gcc -o bob bob.cpp" it
works.  However, if it is called bob.c and you compile it with "gcc -o
bob.c" it fails with the error "bob.c:1:19: ostream: No such file or
directory."

Since omni files have a .cpp ending, this tells me that your compiler is
defaulting to C mode instead of C++ mode.

> I attach the file "devices.mak"; Do I have to include the line "Epson
there?

No.  By default it compiles every device.  The file devices.list controls
which XML files are installed.

I hope this helps.

I am also worried about "checking for g_module_close in -lgmodule... no" in
the configure output.

Mark

Take a look at the Linux Omni Printer Driver Framework at
http://www.ibm.com/linux/ltc/projects/omni/

----- End forwarded message -----

--
Saludos,