>From root@KaOs Fri Dec 28 09:18:23 2001
To: root@KaOs
Subject: Debconf: Configuring Xserver-xfree86 -- The XFree86 X server's configuration file is /etc/X11/XF86Config-4.
From: root <root@KaOs>
Date: Fri, 28 Dec 2001 09:18:23 -0300

People familiar with the version 3 series of the XFree86 X servers should
be aware that the new unified X server, called XFree86, has changed its
configuration file format.  This new X server searches for and uses the
XF86Config-4 file preferentially, only falling back to XF86Config if the
former does not exist.	In the Debian system, because both XFree86 version
3 and version 4 X servers are supported, it is expected that the filename
"XF86Config-4" will be used for the version 4 server, and "XF86Config" for
version 3 servers only.  The tools that generate these files are
configured to use the proper filenames by default.

Both files are kept in the /etc/X11 directory.

--
Debconf, running at KaOs
[ Debconf was not configured to display this note, so it mailed it to you. ]