Re: Xfree 4.0.3 para potato

On dom, may 20, 2001 at 10:07:10 +0200, Bru Anglés wrote:
> Bien, pues resulta que la úlitma línea me da problemas cuando ejecuto el apg-get update por
> que no encuentra el fichero Packages. ¿Es incorrecta la url ? ¿Alguna otra línea como
> alternativa?.

Si miras el url, comprobarás que hay un fichero de texto

http://people.debian.org/~cpbotha/xf403_potato/READ.THIS

que dice:

These are unofficial packages:

DO NOT FILE BUGS AGAINST THEM!
DO NOT BUG BRANDEN ABOUT THEM!

You need the following lines in your /etc/apt/sources.list:
deb http://people.debian.org/%7Ecpbotha/ xf403_potato/i386/
deb http://people.debian.org/%7Ecpbotha/ xf403_potato/all/

You might also need the libfreetype debs at
http://people.debian.org/%7Ecpbotha/libfreetype6/

For even more juicy info, see:
http://cpbotha.net/building_xfree86_4.0.3_debs_on_potato.HOWTO

IMPORTANT NOTE: because of the debconf on potato, the configuration of this
X installation might fail or be incomplete.  If this is the case, simply do
it the old-fashioned way by running xf86config.  In addition, you might need
to create a symlink from /etc/X11/X to /usr/bin/X11/XFree86 (this is mostly
because of debhelper, afaics).

Es decir, que los paquetes debian de libfreetype6 que se necesitan no tienen
Packages y por tanto han de instalarse:

1) Descargando los ficheros .deb del directorio remoto.
2) Instalandolos mediante "dpkg -i nombrepaquete.deb"

Perdón por el malentendido.
Saludos.
--
Javier Viñuales Gutiérrez <vigu@matrio.com>