Re: Automatizando la instalación de Potato.

On lun, mar 26, 2001 at 06:10:03 +0200, Javier Fdz-Sanguino Pen~a wrote:

> 	Si no me equivoco había un proyecto para hacer esto... se llamaba
> FAI, la verdad es que no lo sigo, pero si miras en debian-devel encontrarás
> referencias. Prueba a buscar en www.debian.org/MailingLists y pon como
> término "automatic installation"

Mmmmmm, reconozco que me ha picado la curiosodad y ¡tachaaaaan!, algo puedo
encontrar en mis bookmarks siempre:

----------
"Replicator"

http://replicator.sourceforge.net/

Replicator is a set of scripts to automate the duplication of a model
computer running Debian/GNU Linux, with some provisions to take into account
differences in hardware (like HD size, video card) and in software
configuration (partitioning).

After the initial configuration, the scripts will create a bootdisk that
allow to (re)install completely a Debian box by just booting on the floppy
and answering a yes/no question.

Replicator 2.0 works with Debian 2.2 (potato).
----------

Por otra parte, lo que a este hombre le interesa es lo que tu bien señalas,

----------
"FAI (Fully Automated Installation) for Debian GNU/Linux":

http://www.informatik.uni-koeln.de/fai/index.html

FAI is a non interactive system to install a Debian GNU/Linux operating
system on a PC cluster. You can take one or more virgin PCs, turn on the
power and after a few minutes Linux is installed, configured and running on
the whole cluster, without any interaction necessary. Thus it's a scalable
method for installing and updating a cluster unattended with little effort
involved. FAI uses the Debian distribution and a collection of shell- and
Perl-scripts for the installation process.
Changes to the configuration files of the operating system are made by
cfengine, shell and Perl scripts. Using FAI, a fully automatic installation
of a Linux cluster which consists of 16 dual Pentium PC's was performed.

FAI's target group are system administrators how have to install Debian onto
one or even hundreds of computers. Because it's a general purpose
installation tool, it can be used for installing a beowulf cluster, a
rendering farm or a linux laboratory or a classroom. Also large-scale linux
networks with different hardware and different installation requirements are
easy to establish using FAI.

Ala, ¡a probarlo y a contarlo! :)
Saludos.
--
Javier Viñuales Gutiérrez <vigu@matrio.com>
GnuPG public information:      pub  1024D/4EB82468