Help with Emacs instalation

Hello!

We are installing emacs-20.2 with a i586-ibm-sco configuration on a SCO
Unix version 3.2.4 system without X Mode using  the GNU-gcc (we want to
run it in a character mode terminal)
Gnu-gcc is configured to use the linker and assembler tools of SCO Unix.

And we have the following problems...

Archive systty.h included in line 43 of emacs.c makes a : field 'main'
has incomplete type error at line 356 . Variable ' main ' defined in
systty.h is also used in keyboard.c and process.c . Our solution was to
comment line 356 of systty.h and all of the lines using 'main' in
archives emacs.c ,keyboard.c and process.c .Doing this it goes on
compiling but later we get erros like :
ld: Symbol stat in fileio.o is multiply defined. First defined in
sysdep.o
ld: Symbol fstat in fileio.o is multiply defined. First defined in
sysdep.o
 Who could we solve this troubles?

Thank you in advance, A. Balcells !
  _____