Re: How to restore grub in UEFI mode

I try mount my partition /dev/sda9 in /boot/efi but say /boot/efi doesn't exist (no have efi directory in boot then I create it and mounted in /boot/efi)
then I reinstalled grub-efi and try grub-install /dev/sda but say:
error: /boot/efi doesn't look like an EFI partition

When i recovered my grup-efi, and i remember that i reinstalled it with apt-get, and automatically do the right configurations.

Do not use grub-install, reinstall the package and leave the configurations to it.

I leave it UEFI and only disable secure boot, when I use this command:
   [ -d /sys/firmware/efi ] && echo EFI || echo LEGACY
   return EFI normally

but when I use grub-install:
grub-install --root-directory=/mnt /dev/sda
say: grub-install: error: cannot find EFI directory

Hi,

-change boot option to legacy mode and disable secure boot consequently

I think in this part you do not need to turn to legacy, leave it UEFI, only disable secure boot.

Debian Jessie has support for UEFI boot.

Try reinstall grub using the normal installation cd, in it has an option to recover or access shell in your installed system.

Hi, I recently upgrade my debian (UEFI) and grub is gone.. I try to recovery grub but failed or I`m doing something wrong.
This steps I following are:
-create usb with live cd
-change boot option to legacy mode and disable secure boot consequently
-boot from live cd (Here, when I boot from CD and check if i`m using EFI or legacy, always say legacy, maybe be here the problem)
-mount my partition / in /mnt
-install grub in /mnt

when install grub i receive the following message:
Installing for i386-pc platform.
grub-install: warning: this GPT partition label contains no BIOS Boot Partition; embedding won't be possible.
grub-install: warning: Embedding is not possible.  GRUB can only be installed in this setup by using blocklists.  However, blocklists are UNRELIABLE and their use is discouraged..
grub-install: error: will not proceed with blocklists.

Can someone help me?