Enable quota on a dd created and mounted disk.

Greetings.

I mounted a disk on debian 6 that was created via dd command. The disk have an ext3 filesystem and a few files into it. In order to mount him at boot, I added this line to fstab:

/storage/target01       /root/storage/  ext3    loop,offset=31744     0       2

/storage/target01 = disk file (5gb)
/root/storage = mount point

Rebooted the system and it was mounted with no problem. Then, I proceeded to install the "quota" package and create the aquota.user, aquota.group, quota.user and quota.group files in order to activate the quotas on the filesystem. I also edited the fstab to enable quotas at boot:

/storage/target01       /root/storage/  ext3    loop,offset=31744,usrquota,grpquota     0       2

I rebooted the system who booted with no erros, but when I try to manage the quotas I get those erros:

# edquota -u someuser
edquota: Cannot find any quota file to work on.
No filesystems with quota detected.

# quotaon /root/storage/
quotaon: Cannot find quota file on /root/storage [/dev/loop0] to turn quotas on/off.
quotaon: Cannot find quota file on /root/storage [/dev/loop0] to turn quotas on/off.

# quotacheck -avugm
quotacheck: Cannot guess format from filename on /dev/loop0. Please specify format on commandline.
quotacheck: Cannot find filesystem to check or filesystem not mounted with quota option.

Still searching but no clue why it doesn't work :(

--
Att.
Luis H. Forchesatto