Re: Debian + Servidor IBM 8GB RAM

Em 07/12/07, Lucas Mocellin<lucasmocellin@gmail.com> escreveu:
> ahh desculpe-me a ignorancia, nem sei qual o seu proc..

Normal cara, lista serve para tirar duvidas e aprender, também não sou expert :)

> mas o lance eh, se o seu forum itanium, IA64 nele, se for core duo,
> athlon x2 e companhia, amd64..

So para complementar o que você e eu acabei de dizer no e-mail no
e-mail anteior, vai ai um descrição direto do site do Debian[1]

IA-64 ("ia64")
First officially released with Debian 3.0. This is a port to Intel's
first 64-bit architecture. Note: this should not be confused with the
latest Intel 64-bit extensions for Pentium 4 and Celeron processors,
called EM64T; for these, see the AMD64 port.

AMD64 ("amd64")
First officially released with Debian 4.0. Port to the 64 bit AMD64
processors. The goal is to support both 32bit- and 64bit-userland on
this architecture. This port supports AMD's 64-bit Opteron, Athlon and
Sempron processors, and Intel's processors with EM64T support,
including the Pentium D and various Xeon and Core2 series.

[1] http://www.debian.org/ports/#released

--
Atenciosamente;

Éderson A. Jesus