Problema na hora de compliar kernel 2.4

Caros,
estou tendo o seguinte problema pra compilar um kernel 2.4

spyder:/usr/src/linux# make-kpkg --initrd kernel_image
Warning: You are using the initrd option, that may not
work, depending on your kernel version and architecture,
unless you have applied the initrd cramfs patch to
the kernel, or modified mkinitrd not to use cramfs by
default. The  cramfs initrd patch, is included in the
Debian supplied kernel sources. New kernels on most
architectures do work fine.
By default, I assume you know what you are doing, and I
apologize for being so annoying. Should I abort[Ny]?N

/usr/share/kernel-package/rules:1637: *** Error. I do not know where the kernel image goes to [kimagedest undefined] The usual case for this is that I could not determine which arch or subarch tihs machine belongs to. Please specify a subarch, and try again.. Pare

No kernel 2.6 ele compila sem problemas, alguem tem alguma sugestao do que posso fazer.

Att.

--
Leandro Moreira Linux Networking Telefone: +55 (32) 9197-7909 E-mail/MSN: leandro@leandromoreira.eti.br