Re: dhcpd.conf authoritative

On 03/05/2006 06:11 PM, Carlos Alberto wrote:
> Olá,
> O que significa a linha "authoritative;" que vejo em alguns exemplos de
> arquivos de configurações do dhcpd.conf, alguem sabe?

	Do mundialmente conhecido "man dhcpd.conf":

The authoritative statement

          authoritative;

          not authoritative;

          The DHCP server will normally assume that the configuration informa-
          tion about a given network segment is not known to be correct and is
          not authoritative.  This is so that if a naive user installs a  DHCP
          server not fully understanding how to configure it, it does not send
          spurious DHCPNAK messages to clients that  have  obtained  addresses
          from a legitimate DHCP server on the network.

          Network  administrators  setting  up  authoritative DHCP servers for
          their networks should always write  authoritative;  at  the  top  of
          their  configuration  file  to  indicate that the DHCP server should
          send DHCPNAK messages to misconfigured clients.    If  this  is  not
          done,  clients  will  be  unable  to  get a correct IP address after
          changing subnets until their old lease has expired, which could take
          quite a long time.

          Usually,  writing authoritative; at the top level of the file should
          be sufficient.   However, if a DHCP server is to be set up  so  that
          it  is aware of some networks for which it is authoritative and some
          networks for which it is not, it may be more appropriate to  declare
          authority on a per-network-segment basis.

          Note that the most specific scope for which the concept of authority
          makes any sense is the physical network segment - either  a  shared-
          network statement or a subnet statement that is not contained within
          a shared-network statement.  It is not meaningful  to  specify  that
          the  server  is  authoritative for some subnets within a shared net-
          work, but not authoritative for others,  nor  is  it  meaningful  to
          specify  that the server is authoritative for some host declarations
          and not others.

	É uma forma de configurar seu servidor DHCP para que ele evite
problemas com a "aparição" de outros serviços DHCP mal configurados na
mesma rede.

	Abraço,

- --
Felipe Augusto van de Wiel (faw)