Re: Debian Desktop Environment

I prefer xfce but why just comes down to preference, it feels cleaner, faster and simpler, but that's just me

Only way to find out is to give them all a go (at least on livecd)

Privacy is the same across all, although gnome3 has some extra gui for some preferences for wiping temp files i think, (could be done with a crontab)

Security wise i'd expect them all to be roughly the same again, the main sec vulns on desktop come from software for login or screenlock stuff thats generic (although these are rare), your far more likely to have vulnerable user space applications than the dm itself.

So the only thing to pick off is preference and feel really