Re: kann ich so die erforderliche Neuinstallation beschleunigen?

>   Hallo Newsgroup,
>
> mein Homeserver läuft seit Jahren auf Debian stable
> (i386-Architetktur). Ich habe die selbe Installation bereits mehrmals
> auf neuere Rechner umgezogen.
>
> Nun habe ich einen Rechner mit 64-Bit-Prozessor und würde gerne auf
> Debian mit amd64-Architektur umsteigen.

Der Vollständigkeit halber:

Upgrading Debian From i386 To amd64
AKA Upgrading Debian From 32-bit To 64-bit

http://teddyb.org/~rlpowell/hobbies/debian_arch_up/

Aber obacht:

This procedure is, in every possible respect, a bad idea. If it eats your
firstborn, please don't come crying to me.

You probably don't need a complete backup of your data to do this safely,
but you DO, without question, need boot media that has lots of things on
it, like dpkg, for when you fry your system. The expected result of this
procedure is a machine on which nothing works, where "nothing" includes
"ls".

Seriously; the official documentation specifically declares this procedure to
be impossible, which should give you some idea of how bad an idea this is.

*****WARNING*****

Und:

Can I `apt-get arch-upgrade` from an already installed i386 debian?
 No. You need to reinstall on a newly formatted partition or disk, by
either running cdebootstrap / debootstrap from your running installation
or using the Debian-Installer.

https://alioth.debian.org/docman/view.php/30192/21/debian-amd64-
howto.html#id292796

Also sicherer ist sicherlich mit Paketlisten und /etc zu arbeiten.

Ohne Backup und tiefgehende Debian-Kenntnisse würde ich also einen weiten
Bogen um dieses HOWTO machen ;).

Ciao,