Re: Help: CDs won't boot if burnt with k3b

Rudi Effe wrote:

> Hi there,

Hello,

maybe you should consider posting your message on the "normal" (english)
debian.user mailing list, since this is the german list. Nevertheless,
I'll try to help you, of course.

> I just am helpless: I used to burn everything with k3b, but recently I
> never manage to burn a boot-cd image (like knoppix) in a manner that it
> will boot.
>
> Burning the same image with arson works.
>
> I am clueless if this is due to current backends (though I failed even
> with an elderly k3b version from knoppix 3.4) or if it is rather my new
> DVD burner that misinterprets k3b instructions (it's a Yamakawa).

Hm, strange. I just burn CD-iso-images with k3b by clicking:

Tools --> CD --> Burn CD Image... --> Then I select the .iso-file, click
"Start", and it just works fine. I have Debian Sarge and k3b 0.11.20.

Since it even doesn't work with an old Knoppix on your machine, it could
really be a hardware problem. Can you burn "normal" data CD's with k3b?

> Thanks for any help
> Regards
> Rudi

Greets