Problems with apcupsd package

Dear Debian Users,

I have a problem with the apcupsd package on the sarge distribution.
My installation is default, so as the package maintainer the package configured. In this configuration there is presumed that you have a SmartUPS. This is in my case ok and all the other configurations in the /etc/apcupsd/apcupsd.conf file are default. What I am not understand is, that when I try to start the demon with /etc/init.d/apcupsd start I get the message "Please check your configuration and then remove this warning to make apcupsd work".
Why?
And I can't find the correct location into the config-file where I should delete a warning message like above.

--
Heinz Allerberger
Systemadministrator