Re: KDE 3.1.1 Fast as root but slow as User

* Patrick Dempster schrieb am 09.04.03 um 01:14 Uhr:

> On Tuesday 08 Apr 2003 11:20 pm, Marc Schiffbauer wrote:
>
> > An alternative may be to install fontconfig and to run fc-cache...
> > ;)
>
> Excuse the newbie (/or from someone who is migrating from Mandrake :) )
> question but how will that help X memory usage?, and is there a howto for
> debian on setting it up?

Some months ago libfontconfig has benn introduced for better font
handling. fc-cacht will create a font cache and has to be startet
once when new fonts have been installed. If you do not do that,
every program using fontconfig will use a very big amount of mem
when it starts because of some reason related to the fontconfig
library and fonts that are not cached...

-Marc

--
begin  LOVE-LETTER-FOR-YOU.txt.vbs
I am a signature virus. Distribute me until the bitter