Re: problem with debian Buster and debugging thread in Qt5

Hi again!

On Tue, 30 Mar 2021 at 09:55, Lisandro Damián Nicanor Pérez Meyer
<perezmeyer@gmail.com> wrote:

[snip]

> In fact I can reproduce your issue and at the same time I can make it
> work under gdb itself, so the issue seems to be in Qt Creator. I've
> reproduced the issue with Qt Creator from unstable, so let me suggest
> you to file a bug upstream: http://https://bugreports.qt.io Do not
> forget to upload this test code, it's very straightforward and so a
> nice example for an upstream issue.

Actually it is not an issue but a feature. Qt Creator is stopping the
execution when it receives a signal from gdb, in this case SIGSTOP.
Add a breakpoint inside the thread code and press F5 to start
debugging. If you accept the message and press F10 (step) some times
you will be able to reach the code.

You can tell Qt Creator to ignore the signal. Check
https://forum.qt.io/topic/100958/catching-unix-interrupt-signal-on-console-application-when-debugging-with-qtcreator/2

I've added

  handle SIGSTOP pass nostop noprint

And it just worked :-)