Re: Quickcam messenger

"Jean-Luc Coulon (f5ibh)" <jean.luc.coulon@gmail.com> a écrit :

> J'ai vu pas mal de discussions sur le sujet mais je n'ai pas trouvé de
> solution pour ça.
Effectivement.
Pas facile à trouver.
Ceci dit...
J'ai rechopé le fil sur linux.drivers.quickcam.general.

Voici la réponse de Simon Clift :

Is the error a complaint about a missing symbol: io_remap_page_range

If so, it seems that the kernel 2.6.14 removes the last of the old
io_remap_page_range and remap_page_range functions.  There were 32-bit
memory handling functions which are replaced by remap_pfn_range.  I
discovered this exactly five minutes ago.

  http://lwn.net/Articles/104333/

> Is there any thread on this ?

There is now... :)

I tried, in ignorance of what I was actually doing, the following.

In the driver distribution there is a file qc-memory.c.

On line 230: change the statement

   if (io_remap_page_range(vma, start, physaddr, PAGE_SIZE,
PAGE_SHARED))

to the statement:

   if (remap_pfn_range(vma, start, physaddr >> PAGE_SHIFT, PAGE_SIZE,
PAGE_SHARED))

'gardez bien le "PAGE_SHIFT", eh?

Miss the PAGE_SHIFT and you will destroy your running kernel, as I
discovered.

It's working for me now.  We'll see for how long... possibly not very
long because this is the sum total of what I know about Linux device
drivers... :(

Ça marche bcp mieux, en effet.

HTH.

--