Re: Chipset Intel Dell dimension 2350

thiebald.g.cremers@bnpparibas.com wrote:
> Bonjour,
>
> Je voudrais installer Debian sur une Dell Dimension 2350.
>
> Une première tentative a échouée, probablement parce qu'il me manquait le
> driver pour le chipset intel. J'ai trouvé le driver :
> ftp://aiedownload.intel.com/df-support/7485/eng/readme.txt
>
> mais ce driver s'installe avec la commande rpm -i  .... Les drives
> disponibles sur le site d'Intel sont également que des .rpm.
>
> Comment je fais pour installer ce driver sur Debian Sarge ????

Voir alien.

(outil de conversion entre différents systèmes de packaging)

Note: pas sûr qu'il convertisse bien les dépendances - je connais le nom
de l'outil mais je n'ai jamais eu à l'utiliser vraiment.

NAME
       alien - Convert or install an alien binary package

SYNOPSIS
        alien [--to-deb] [--to-rpm] [--to-tgz] [--to-slp] [options] file
[...]

DESCRIPTION
       alien is a program that converts between Red Hat rpm, Debian deb,
Stam-
       pede slp, Slackware tgz, and Solaris pkg file formats. If you want to
       use a package from another linux distribution than the one you have
       installed on your system, you can use alien to convert it to your
pre-
       ferred package format and install it. It also supports LSB packages.

WARNING
       Despite the high version number, alien is still (and will probably
       always be) rather experimental software. It's been under development
       for many years now, but there are still many bugs and limitations.

       alien should not be used to replace important system packages, like
       init, libc, or other things that are essential for the functioning of
       your system. Many of these packages are set up differently by the
dif-
       ferent distributions, and packages from the different distributions
       cannot be used interchangeably. In general, if you can't remove a
pack-
       age without breaking your system, don't try to replace it with an
alien
       version.

la suite sur
http://darbujan.fzu.cz/cgi-bin/dwww?type=man&location=/usr/share/man/man1/alien.1p.gz