Re: Sarge testing

On Thu, 26 Sep 2002 16:05:04 +0200
COMBES Julien <julien.combes@i-carre.net> wrote:

> On Thu, 26 Sep 2002 15:37:00 +0200
> Charles Goyard <charles@terrien.org> wrote:
>
> > Ainsi parlait Latreyte David :
> > > Bonjour, j'aimerai savoir vers quoi pointe sarge. En effet :
> >
> > stable = woody
> > testing = pas de petit nom
> > unstable = sarge
> > experimental = sid
> >
> > Sachant que le contenu de testing est celui de sarge pour les paquets
> > ayant quinze jours sans bug (critique ?) ouvert.

[SNIP mon mail précedant]

T'es sur de ce que tu dis ?

Ce n'est pas ce qui est marqué la :
http://www.debian.org/releases/
"Debian always has at least three releases in active maintenance:
``stable'', ``testing'' and ``unstable''.

stable
    The ``stable'' distribution contains the latest officially released
distribution of Debian.

    This is the production release of Debian, the one which we primarily
recommend using.

The current ``stable'' distribution of Debian GNU/Linux is version 3.0r0,
codenamed woody. It was released on July 19th, 2002.

testing
    The ``testing'' distribution contains packages that haven't been
accepted into a ``stable'' release yet, but they are in the queue for
that. The main advantage of using this distribution is that it has more
recent versions of software, and the main disadvantage is that it's not
completely tested and has no official support from Debian security team.

    See the Debian FAQ for more information on what is ``testing'' and how
it becomes ``stable''.

The current ``testing'' distribution is sarge.

unstable
    The ``unstable'' distribution is where active development of Debian
occurs. Generally, this distribution is run by developers and those who
like to live on the edge.

The ``unstable'' distribution is called sid

[...]
Last Modified: Sat, Aug 31 22:24:34 UTC 2002 "

De plus, un ls sur ftp.fr.debian.org/debian/dists donne notemment :
lrwxrwxrwx   1 postfix  postdrop        6 Jul 19 20:50 oldstable -> potato
drwxrwxr-x   5 postfix  postdrop     4096 Jul 12 16:16 potato
lrwxrwxrwx   1 postfix  postdrop        5 Jul 19 20:53 stable -> woody
drwxrwxr-x   5 postfix  postdrop     4096 Jul 19 19:03 woody
lrwxrwxrwx   1 postfix  postdrop        5 Jul 19 20:53 testing -> sarge
drwxr-xr-x   5 postfix  postdrop     4096 Sep 25 19:39 sarge
lrwxrwxrwx   1 postfix  postdrop        3 Nov  6  2001 unstable -> sid
drwxrwxr-x   5 postfix  postdrop     4096 Sep 25 19:40 sid

a+
Julien