Re: PB disk quota & ext3 : woody + kernel 2.4.17

Bonjour,

Le Fri, 08 Mar 2002 22:25:17 +0100
Manuel Segura <manuel.segura@escpi.cnam.fr> a écrit :

> Hello,
> Je viens de mettre en place ext3 sur woody, kernel 2.4.17
> ainsi que la gestion des quota disques
> Mais la gestion des quotas ne marche pas: c'est a dire que:

Vu dans la doc (voir les liens sur cette liste les jours précédents)

------
One outstanding problem is disk quotas.  There are several known
sources of deadlocks in the 2.4.7 quota code, and ext3 adds one more
source.  The quota code in the -ac kernels is very different, and once
that gets merged into Linus' tree we shall continue development and
testing of quota code for ext3.   This is not to say that ext3+quotas
crashes all over the place - but if you push the filesystem hard
enough for long enough, the code will lock up and you will need to
reboot to reestablish operation on the affected filesystem.   We only
test quota code against the -ac kernels - this is supported and works
well.
------

Les patchs des -ac ont dû être intégrés dans le noyau 2.4.18.

Rappel:

http://qliu.free.fr/Linux/ext3.html
http://www.linux-france.org/article/sys/ext3fs/ext3.html
http://www.zipworld.com.au/~akpm/linux/ext3/