Re: Update problem

Fabian Fagerholm <fabbe@paniq.net> writes:

> On Sat, 2007-04-14 at 13:26 +0300, Jukka Neppius wrote:
>> Problem with updating sarge to etch:
>>
>> /etc/apt/sources.list had
>> deb http://ftp.fi.debian.org/ stable main contrib non-free
>
> It should read:
>
> deb http://ftp.fi.debian.org/debian/ stable main contrib non-free

Thank you! Once agani I was blind to my own stupid mistake.  But I
still don't think this explains original problem.  synaptic & dselect
seemed to work perfectly, but did not find anything to update.  It
started to work when I changed stable -> etch.  I don't allways notice
what I do, but I don't think I could have auto-added debian/ without
noticing it:) Anyway system was installed only month or two ago and
sources.list was generated then.  I only adviced him to add 'contrib &
non-free' to get nvidia drivers. I don't believe it had same problem.
Cache would have explained problem, but browser and ftp client showed
nothing strange.

Now I cannot dublicate this, so: forget it!

- Jukka