[Debian]: Re: Smail

Sascha Berkenkamp wrote:
> Hallo,
>
> ich habe da mal eine Frage, ist es eigentlich egal, von wem die Message
> ID einer eMail stammt? Ich habe naemlich SMAIL so installiert, dass er
> die Message ID am Ende mit 'uumail.de.uu.net' schreibt, und dann die
> Mails direkt verschickt. Frage: ist dies zulaessig, oder muss die
> Message ID als Endung 'mein_rechner' tragen, obwohl 'mein_rechner' nicht
> 24h std. im NEtz ist?

Ich zitiere mal ein wenig aus RFC 822:

                 /  "Message-ID"        ":"   msg-id

     msg-id      =  "<" addr-spec ">"            ; Unique message id

     addr-spec   =  local-part "@" domain        ; global address

     local-part  =  word *("." word)             ; uninterpreted
                                                 ; case-preserved

     domain      =  sub-domain *("." sub-domain)

     sub-domain  =  domain-ref / domain-literal

     domain-ref  =  atom                         ; symbolic reference

     6.2.1.  DOMAINS

        A name-domain is a set of registered (mail)  names.   A  name-
        domain  specification  resolves  to  a subordinate name-domain
        specification  or  to  a  terminal  domain-dependent   string.
        Hence,  domain  specification  is  extensible,  permitting any
        number of registration levels.

        Name-domains model a global, logical, hierarchical  addressing
        scheme.   The  model is logical, in that an address specifica-
        tion is related to name registration and  is  not  necessarily
        tied  to  transmission  path.   The  model's  hierarchy  is  a
        directed graph, called an in-tree, such that there is a single
        path  from  the root of the tree to any node in the hierarchy.
        If more than one path actually exists, they are considered  to
        be different addresses.

        The root node is common to all addresses; consequently, it  is
        not  referenced.   Its  children  constitute "top-level" name-
        domains.  Usually, a service has access to its own full domain
        specification and to the names of all top-level name-domains.

        The "top" of the domain addressing hierarchy -- a child of the
        root  --  is  indicated  by  the right-most field, in a domain
        specification.  Its child is specified to the left, its  child
        to the left, and so on.

        Some groups provide formal registration services;  these  con-
        stitute   name-domains   that  are  independent  logically  of
        specific machines.  In addition, networks and machines  impli-
        citly  compose name-domains, since their membership usually is
        registered in name tables.

        In the case of formal registration, an organization implements
        a  (distributed)  data base which provides an address-to-route
        mapping service for addresses of the form:

                         person@registry.organization

        Note that "organization" is a logical  entity,  separate  from
        any particular communication network.

        A mechanism for accessing "organization" is universally avail-
        able.   That mechanism, in turn, seeks an instantiation of the
        registry; its location is not indicated in the address specif-
        ication.   It  is assumed that the system which operates under
        the name "organization" knows how to find a subordinate regis-
        try.  The registry will then use the "person" string to deter-
        mine where to send the mail specification.

        The latter,  network-oriented  case  permits  simple,  direct,
        attachment-related address specification, such as:

                              user@host.network

        Once the network is accessed, it is expected  that  a  message
        will  go  directly  to the host and that the host will resolve
        the user name, placing the message in the user's mailbox.

Wichtig ist, dass die Message-ID eindeutig ist.  Der "domain"-Part
sollte schon die reelle Domain (z.B. hier finlandia.infodrom.north.de)
beinhalten.  Haette ich keine offizielle Adresse, koennte ich z.B.
finlandia.infodrom.home nehmen.  Imho ist das zulaessig.

> BTW: kann ich Smail so installieren, dass es die Mails von einem anderen
> Rechner (Debian 1.3 mit Smail) annimmt und auch versendet?

Macht er das etwa per Voreinstellung nicht?  Was meinst Du, wie
Mailserver im Inter- oder Intranet funktionieren?

Gruesse,

	Joey