[Debian]: Re: Commercial applications on Debian - What is libc.cat?

> Rainer Dorsch <rainer@ralf.informatik.uni-stuttgart.de> writes:
>
>    I have problems starting commercial applications on a Debian system. In detail:
>    I installed maple on a Debian 1.3 system (2.0 does not change much). If I
>    start it (xmaple) on the system, it works fine. If I log in remote form a SUN
>    workstation, I get a segmentation fault (both using rsh and ssh). I have
>    another program with the same problem. Short before crashing both applications
>    do not find libc.cat. I am not sure if this is related to the crash, but it
>    could at least.
>
> How do the log outputs for remote access (crash) compare to the log
> output for local access (success)?

For me, it is not obvious what happens from a diff. The outputs are available
at

Remote DISPLAY:

http://www.ra.informatik.uni-stuttgart.de/~rainer/Download/telefon.log

http://www.ra.informatik.uni-stuttgart.de/~rainer/Download/xmaple.log