Re: [Debian]: Linux on an 8086

On Fri, Mar 06, 1998 at 06:57:49PM +0100, Tonetti.doc, R Tonetti wrote:

> Hi everibody!
>
> I have got an Olivetti 8086, 1MB RAM, 100MB harddisk, 3.5" floppy. Do you
> know of a BASIC version of Linux, RedHat or another U*ix dialect that I can
> install on it?
> Of course, I do not pretend super graphics, 64 virtual consoles &c...
>
> Please reply in English, French, German, Italian or Spanish (pick only one
> choice ;-)) ).
>
> Cheers from N Italy!

Da war doch schon die Antwort auf debian-user...

Hi:

The inquiry below may well be better answered with Minix.

There was a project porting Linux to the 8086.  As I recall, this was
intended to develop code for embedded projects.

Would someone post the name, please?

Un zwar handelt es sich dabei um das ELKS project (oder war es ELK). Näheres
findet man mit jeder Suchmaschine.

Marcus