Re: dist-upgrade doesn't upgrade kernel?

On Thu, 30 Sep 1999, Marc Mongeon wrote:

> I just upgraded to potato using "apt-get dist-upgrade".  I expected
> that this would upgrade my kernel (to 2.1) along with all the other
> packages.  Was I mistaken in this belief?  I am proceeding by getting
> the kernel source and building the kernel myself, but I wanted to be
> sure that I hadn't done something wrong.

There is a thread to the subject 'Re: Kernel upgrades = security upgrade'.
Have a look at the mailing list archive.

Martin

--
If the box says 'Windows 95 or better', it should run on Linux, right?
                                                               - anonymous

For public PGP-key: finger mfluch@mathphys.fsk.uni-heidelberg.de