Re: "signal 11 caught by ps"

On Sun, 19 Sep 1999, Sean Cazzell wrote:

> I'm getting this error under potato now also.  I'm running kernel
> 2.2.10 (compiled with gcc 2.95.2 199990906 (prerelease)).  Have
> you found a solution for this problem yet?  I'll let you know if I figure
> it out :)

	Have you tried with top?
	My top causes a wonderful "segmentation fault"!!!
	I downgraded kernel to 2.0.36 and the problem disappeared.
	The conclusion is: it depends on how the kernel manages
	the /proc filesystem (with some new version of procps package,
	because it worked before an upgrade).
	But ...
	But I don't get the same in another machine running
	another compiled version of the same kernel sources (2.2.10)
	I have no more ideas nor enough time to think of but ...
	... if any solutions will appear in my dreams ...
	I'll let you know.

	Cheers,
	Alberto