Re: Installing/Debianizing WindowMaker themes

On Sun, Sep 19, 1999 at 02:45:11AM -0400, Salman Ahmed wrote:

> How can I either install WindowMaker theme tarballs
> or debianize them and then install via dpkg/apt ?
>
> Running slink + some potato debs (WindowMaker-0.60).

To debianize them you can use theme-converters. The advantage to this over
untarring the themes is that you now have the themes under package control.

NB theme-converters uses perl, so if you want to use the potato version you
will have to download and upgrade all of the perl stuff to since there was a
major overhaul of the perl packages.

gamera:~$ apt-cache show theme-converters
Package: theme-converters
Version: 1.6
 This takes .tar.gz files from, for example, wm.themes.org or
 gtk.themes.orig, and converts them into .deb packages.
 .
 The .deb packages it produces are acceptable for local use, but are
 not really policy-conformant, notably since they cannot reliably
 create a reasonable /usr/doc/<theme>/copyright file.
 .
 Packages made using this package are named "wmaker-<foo>-theme" for
 WindowMaker themes and "gtk-<foo>-theme" for GTK themes
installed-size: 45

your pal dave

--
Dave Thayer