Re: mail and security

On Sun, Sep 19, 1999 at 06:48:05AM +0300, tf wrote:
> Hey all,
>
> I'm reading with intrest several threads, and have a bunch of questions
> about mailing (like, what exactly is exim or sendmail actually doing...)
>
> but I have a better question first.  I was online a few minutes ago,
> when I noticed alot of disk activity.  I checked top and saw that user
> nobody issued a find command.  I just disconnected.  Guess I should
> change my password.

No, find was (most likely) run ron the /etc/cron.daily dir as part of
Debian's daily maintenance. Actually, the locate program uses find to
build a database of files and directories. The locate command uses this
database to quickly locate files, i.e. if you issue the command 'locate
texmf' it will list all matching entries.

--
   Jim Foltz <aa204@acorn.net> <jfoltz@raex.com>
ACORN techie <http://www.acorn.net>