Re: rvplayer working?

I'm having the same problem.  I just reinstalled rvplayer from debian.org
as per the instructions, which included upgrading to xlib6g and
reinstalling netscape, but I'm pretty much right where I was before: if I
click on a .ram link, the RealPlayer pops up, but never does anything.  I
can run the little promo video, and I can run .ram files from my hard
drive, though I have to hit Pause, then Play to make them play.
Likewise, if I type in the URL manually, I can hear the file, but I have
to hit Pause, then Play.  Actually, this has only worked once so far.
For most URLs, this fails with error #14 or does nothing at all.

Any ideas where the problem might be?

Richard Hall
Network Services
University of Tennessee