Re: LILO - System.map conflict

"Fethi A. Okyar" <afo@or219a.e1.iit.edu> writes:

I'm sorry for not being able to provide an in-depth answer, but I also
compile kernels by hand, and also have several images referenced from
lilo.conf. However, I _never_ worried about system maps. All I need to
do is copy the new kernel image to where I want it to be, update
lilo.conf accordingly, run lilo, and that's it. This has worked in
100% of cases, and I have compiled a decent number of custom kernels
until I reached satisfaction.

--
Arcady Genkin
"I opened up my wallet, and it's full of blood..." - GsYDE